Monday, August 20, 2012

What is in INFANT Tylenol?

 

They put THAT in infant Tylenol?
I was cleaning out my medicine cabinet AGAIN yesterday and tossing out things that we no longer use. Now that we have learned to use essential oils in place of over-the-counter medications the cabinet is getting pretty bare! But I did find a bottle of liquid infant acetaminophen (Tylenol) that expired 3 years ago. On a whim, before I tossed it, I decided to stop and read the label. Some of the ingredients I was not familiar with, but a few of them immediately jumped out at me. I find it hard to believe that in ignorance I ever gave this medicine to my babies!

This bottle contained HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS (must be artificial because it just said "flavors"--if natural, they would have specified), artificial colors (Red 33) and PROPYLENE GLYCOL (antifreeze)!!!

I am so grateful that I no longer need to use these kinds of toxic medications for my children. Not only are the "inactive" ingredients toxic, but the drug itself is toxic too. According to a study published in the 9/20/08 issue of the Lancet, children given acetaminophen (Tylenol) during the first year of life to reduce fever are more likely to develop asthma later on in childhood. These children are also more likely to develop rhinoconjunctivitis and eczema when they reach age 6 to 7. Still, the medical profession says it is the "drug of choice" for fevers.The liver toxicity effects of acetaminophen are also well known.

What do we use for fevers in our family? Young Living Peppermint Oil is pure and very effective for fevers. We use just a couple of drops on the forehead, temples, and back of neck. Idaho Balsam Fir, Eucalyptus radiata, and rosemary are also known to reduce fever. There are also therapeutic blends from Young Living that are not only effective in reducing fever, but are highly anti-bacterial and anti-viral and are a very important addition to the flu fighting arsenal. These include RC, Immupower, Exodus II, Thieves, and Inner Defense. A warm bath with lavender or peppermint can be effective as well.
Source- YL distributor

No comments:

Post a Comment